Saturday, May 7, 2016

Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream


Ingredients: Active: Active Ingredients Colloidal Oatmeal. Inactive: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Oat), Steareth 20, Avena Sativa Kernel Extract (Oat).

My skin was steadily getting worse and worse, despite every (supposedly) moisturizing skin care product that I smother it with. Finally, it got to the point when my whole face was completely red, felt like it's on fire, and so raw that I couldn't even splash water on my face without it screaming at me. Both my mother and I was in a panic, but it was midnight, so there was no way we could go to a doctor or anything.

In panic mode, we went to Target and got some skin irritation care, namely Aveeno (being the closest thing to organic that we can get our hands on at such short notice), and some hydrocortisone cream. I immediate put them on in layers on my throbbing, burning face, hoping I'm not going to make matter worse.

It helped. Tremendously. Overnight, my skin was less red, and feel so much better. I was hesitant of this result, because I got similar result with the Mizon Snail cream, so I kept applying it and crossing my fingers.

Three days later, my skin is doing great, better than it ever has for years!


Of course, as my skin heals, it was itchy, and shredding a lot of dead cells. My face kept being flaky, and I have to apply the Aveeno several times a day, but each day is better than the last; and finally, this evening, I did a gentle face towel exfoliation before hitting the shower. The result after is hydrated, plump, and UBER SOFT SKIN!! XD My skin has never felt or look this good before. Even patchy skin tone is getting even out! Whew, this is some powerful stuff! Of course, it might be the dimeticone in the ingredients list, but my skin is great!!!

Not a fan of the Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, and the Dimethicone, but I'm glad this thing help save my skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment