Sunday, June 5, 2016

The worst culprit

With my skin not liking anything at all, I remembered that I have a slight allergic to metal (which is why I cannot wear any of them adorable but fake and cheap jewelry, sad, because I can't afford real jewelry, and can't wear those cute rings and earrings at the stores), so I decided to check my sink's water supply.

Funny thing about the water supply, we used to have a water softener, but for some reason, my brother in law, who used to live with us for a time, took it away and never replaced it, and I had no knowledge of that until recently, and I have no idea where the water softener suppose to go so I can't replace it. So our water is not exactly good for my sensitive skin, though I do have a shower head filter, so I don't usually have problem. And now, I find out that the problem is in the sink faucet itself.



Disgusting, right? It's the faucet that was installed when the bought the house in 2006, and has not been replace. Since I'm a little bit allergic to metal, the rusted copper did not help one bit. I wish I have know this when I moved back here. I took this off an apologized to my skin @_____@

I had a hard time finding a good faucet that doesn't have copper insert, and came across Delta one that promises no lead/metal poisoning.


The connectors are made of enforced plastic, and the claim is that once the water enter connectors, it does not touch metal at all, something I desperately needed. After changing the faucet, my skin stopped its tantrum, and returned to hydrated, plum, soft skin. I was extremely happy! Found the worst culprit that was hurting my skin.






I'm happy with no more weird skin reactions, but I'd still stay away from Korean skin care products, and anything that has PEG in it.

Though, after my skin returned to normal, I did receive some skin care products to try out, New York Biology Vitamin C serum, and I didn't noticed the PEG in there when I applied it to my skin. I used it in the morning, and the whole day, my skin had dry patches and was itchy. I wasn't sure what happened to it, then I remembered using the serum, and check it for ingredients once again when I got home. I checked it before, but I missed the PEG 20 ingredients in it. Bad bad bad serum. Reminds me to check things when I'm completely awake next time. I'm totally not a morning person at all, despite living in a household with early birds. Or maybe because of it. Hmmm.

Lesson learn, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment