Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pokemon Addiction

I tried my best not to give in the urge to play Pokemon go.

For about two weeks.

When it came out, I wasn't really interested in another game, seeing as I was trying to replay my old favorite games so I have the game saves to play the new ones (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Witcher series). Though, that was more for playing at home. At work, I was bored out of my mind. So two weeks after Pokemon Go came out, I succumbed and download it.

Man, that was annoying. The server kept shutting itself down (probably because of the massive amount of people trying to play). I played it at best I could, catching SO MANY Rattatas and Pidgeys. So many of them, it seems that's all the Pokemon I would encountered; but I persisted, and went around Poke Stops, getting Pokeballs and trying t find new Pokemon types.

But the problem of Pokemon Go game is, well, you have to go around. There's only so far/so much I could catch while at work and at home that I found myself being bored of it so easily (No walking around? No Pokemon for you!)

Two weeks of Pokemon Go, and I managed to get myself to level 12. And completely bored of it. There was no real excitement for me in Pokemon Go, except for talking about it with my customers and co-workers, and being teased for playing that game.

Two weeks of Pokemon Go, and I was craving the authenticity of actual Pokemon games, of encountering wild Pokemon and actually battling them, of finding new Pokemon sitting in my comfy chair, of accumulating items that I don't actually need in my bag without the limitation of Pokemon Go.

I was wanting to play actual Pokemon games, so I did. I purchased a second hand New 3DS XL that came with Pokemon X and Y, and I've been so absorbed into it for more than a month now. And by absorbed, I mean addicted.

That's how I am, when I found something I like, I throw everything of me into it. It means both bad and good, however, as I'm having so much fun it's all I thought about.

And since I gotta catch them all, the walking around method wasn't enough. I gotta find them another way, since I don't really want to play older generation games, seeing as the graphic just isn't as good. And since Pokemon X/Y was my restart in Pokemon industry, I cringe at seeing older graphic (I did ordered Pokemon White, but couldn't play it because it looks something like the Minecraft to me, which is horrible.)

So I yielded and look up ways I could find different Pokemon from previous generations. At first I was trading, but the GTS system in the game seems to want legendary Pokemon more often than not, and being a noob, I have no legendary Pokemon to trade with. I ended up searching the web for Pokemon to purchase. Amazon has legendary Pokemon, but at $9 each plus $3.99 shipping, I cannot afford to fill out my Pokedex that way.

So onto the web search again, and I found different sites selling Pokemon, but the cheapest and nicest website I've been to is www.pokemonlove.me website. It offered a variety of Pokemon legendary, for a few bucks each. Now it is my guilty secret of filling my Pokedex with pretty, shiny Pokemon XD

It's hard not to keep ordering, as they are so adorable, and the prices is cheap.

Cross your fingers for me as I continue to travel the path of Pokemon Trainer XD

No comments:

Post a Comment